Wednesday 10 October 2012

31 weeks

kitty long-legs is 31 weeks!  there isn't a whole lot of exciting development going on; she's just packing on the pounds and making me uncomfortable.  i feel lucky to still be sleeping very well and physically capable of doing everything i want to do, but not without some aches and pains.  my left hip is frequently numb and painful at the same time, as it feels like my leg is falling out of the socket, but if these already wide birthing hips have to spread more to accommodate baby girl i'm all about it.  this should work in my favor toward my goal of getting her out in 6 hours start to finish.

i experienced my first rib kicks the other day while checking out at the grocery store.  it's more painful than i thought it would be!  luckily she moved off of that spot and is instead kicking me square in between my ribs where it appears that a bruise has developed.  she's keeping my posture good because she absolutely hates when i slouch and my bra underwires push against the top of my belly. 

i was reading on babycenter today story after story of babies born at 35-36 weeks that did not even have a NICU stay and went home in 1-2 days.  that is absolutely terrifying as we are really not ready to have kitten home in 4 weeks.  she doesn't have a car seat or a place to sleep yet!  i've been holding off on washing her clothes because i haven't gotten the storage units in that i need to hold all her tiny cute stuff and i don't want things to get dusty before she even arrives.  what i'm saying is, we are completely unprepared.  maybe this will kick in my nesting instinct.

1 comment:

  1. Kitten will have a bed of her own before she gets here. Grandma won't let her sleep in a dresser drawer. Although, that would be adorable!

    ReplyDelete