Saturday 15 September 2012

where's my bump?

i woke up this morning and my big ol' belly i had last night is gone!  kitten kicked and punched me all night in whatever side i tried to lay on, so unless she has super long arms (not out of the question, really) she's definitely transverse.  and a champion kickboxer.  but seriously, where'd my bump go today?  so weird.

my abs are still killing me from stretching, but i'm going to keep using them as much as possible.  i keep reading about all the other women due in december who feel like turtles on their backs and can't get off the couch or out of bed or their cars and i'm determined to avoid that as long as possible.  i think it's common nowadays to let yourself go, eat whatever you want, stop exercising, and then mistakenly believe you will "lose the baby weight" afterwards.  back in the day, women kept working on the farm and maintaining the home and taking care of their other children up until they gave birth.  they didn't sit around boo-hooing and eating ice cream and blaming it on their hormones.  i'm certainly nowhere near perfect -- i've been making pies and not exercising enough, but i eat fruit like it's going out of style and take the stairs when given the option.  tomorrow, we're going to wake up super early and hike to salomon beach.  i'd like to hike the reef bay trail again before my feet start swelling.  i like the idea of being somewhere miles away from my car where i have to exercise because i have no choice.  on thursday, we went to oppenheimer beach in the morning and i got my fat butt into this tiny tire swing.  it was NOT easy, but i felt accomplished!

1 comment: