Wednesday 14 November 2012

36 weeks

super kitten is 36 weeks today.  she weighs over 6 lbs (like a crenshaw melon) and who even knows how long she is at this point!  a woman on my birth board just had a 7 lb 8 oz baby at 36 weeks, which is absolutely terrifying.  i'm all about a natural birth, but if this cat gets over 10 lbs i'll be begging for a c-section, not even going to lie about it. 

i still have no stretch marks, but my belly button has been feeling realllllly stretched out lately and i can see the bottom of my piercing spreading so there's just no way i'm making it to 40 without some permanent structural damage to my navel.  i've had several people tell me today that i look small and they're surprised i'm due so soon.  the lady at connections (that's where our PO box is) told me to chill out because i have plenty of time left.  i told her i'm full term next week and she was shocked.  i love it!

this is a crenshaw melon and i can't say i've ever seen one before.  she'll be a pumpkin soon!
today is my last day of work.  i had to quit for reasons beyond my control and i'm not too happy about it.  colby is more than happy to support us, but i still haven't adjusted to feeling like a freeloader.  i've been looking into extreme money-saving measures because our power bill is regularly over $500.  i might take a babysitting job for the next few weeks that will hopefully turn into something i can do after kitten is here and save us from having to spend any money on childcare.  i'm also getting started on a christmas ornament project to bring in some extra cash.  i collected some really nice corals from drunk bay to make ornaments for myself but then several friends told me they would like to buy some from me, so i'm pretty pumped about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment