Wednesday 15 August 2012

23 weeks

kitten thompson is now the size of a large mango.  two days ago, she was practicing muay thai in there and i could see her kicks next to my belly button!  it was one of the most awesome things that has ever happened to me, and i'm excited/scared for what's still to come.  she's getting so strong and it's crazy how fast she was moving when we watched her on the sonogram.  she's going to hate getting cramped up in there when she gets big and my ribs are going to pay for it.

i had those dreams about kitten being a girl and i was right, and last night i had a dream that i decided to go natural and skip the epidural.  i've decided to very seriously consider it and it's now on my list of things to discuss with my midwife at my next appointment.  if it gets labor over with faster and my body was designed to do it, i'm willing to give it a shot.  if i chicken out, that's OK.  and if i chicken out and it's too late to get the epidural, then i'll do what i have to do.

i don't have a scale, but i feel pretty confident that i haven't gained much weight.  i do let myself indulge in one snack a day, but i try to make sure i eat plenty of fruits and vegetables before that.  the day we went to st. thomas last week was the absolute worst, though and i'm still feeling guilty about it.  i had donuts and a latte for breakfast, wendy's spicy chicken combo for lunch and i think we had either tacos or pizza for dinner.  i will not be doing that again!  my appetite hasn't noticeably increased, and in fact i can't eat as much as i used to.  i get specific cravings and feel like i'm starving to death but then when i start to eat i fill up fast.  the massive quantity of water i drink might factor into that.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed there was a two week period, early in my pregnancy, where I thought I was starving. I think it was mainly in my head and I realized I had to kick that habit ASAP. I think I may have gained just a few pounds, but I'm tryin to make sure I go to the gym and I've been swimming a lot, since my doctor only wants me to gain about 15-20 pounds. (I've got plenty of weight for the baby to work with already. Lol.)

    Sounds like you and baby are doing awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 lbs is about all i'm supposed to gain also, since i started out with an overweight BMI supposedly. midwife will see tomorrow that i'm back to pre-preg weight and hopefully she will be happy with that because i know i am! lol

    ReplyDelete