Monday 16 July 2012

new midwife

i had to go to a new midwife on the island because of my insurance situation, and it turns out she's amazing and i like her way more than the previous one i was seeing.  she spent a lot of time with us, asked tons of questions, answered all of ours, and seemed very caring and knowledgeable in general.  she assured me that i don't have to adhere to all the things i've been reading, like sleeping on my left side even though it's not comfortable.  she said that if i'm still comfortable on my back i should continue to do what works for me and if it's bad for the baby my body will let me know. 

she also confirmed that based on the size of the baby, my due date is accurate.  she said i probably won't really show until 6 months, which surprisingly gives me mixed feelings.  i definitely don't want to be huge so early like a lot of the women i see on babycenter, but i am looking forward to looking clearly pregnant and not just fat/bloated.

i told her of my concerns as far as spinal development etc, because i didn't find out i was pregnant and start taking prenatal vitamins until i was 8 weeks along.  she said the size is right and i'm feeling movement and those are good signs that everything is going along normally.  i did go ahead and get the quad screen today, so we'll know more in 10 days.  given my issues with endometriosis and the fact that i haven't gotten pregnant until now has led us to conclude that we're having a miracle superbaby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment